LawFest is cognisant of the COVID- 19 situation and have appropriate measures in place to reassure delegates.
In accordance with the New Zealand Government and the Ministry of Health (MOH) if you have been in mainland China, Iran, northern Italy or the Republic of Korea (excluding airport transit) in the past 14 days, or are unwell with COVID- 19 symptoms we would advise you not to attend or send a substitute in your place (please email us to do this.)
Measures to minimise getting sick
As advised by the MOH the most important thing to do is practice good hygiene. This means:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- trying to keep a metre away from people who are unwell
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above).
The measures above are especially important for people who have existing health conditions, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, chronic lung disease or who are immunocompromised.
Full live details are available on the MOH website – https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information-specific-audiences/covid-19-advice-public-events-and-mass-gatherings
Below is the official statement by the Cordis Hotel.
Langham Hospitality Group and Cordis Auckland continue to remain vigilant and are implementing stringent measures against the spread of the coronavirus, as the safety and well-being of all our guests and colleagues remain our top priority. We will continue to reinforce strict precautionary measures which include frequent disinfection of all areas of the hotel and regularly educating our colleagues to observe good hygiene practices. These preventive actions to help avert the spread of respiratory viruses include: washing hands thoroughly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, staying home if feeling unwell and avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
The Hotel is closely monitoring the outbreak and will take appropriate safety measures in accordance with the situation, ensuring we follow all the guidelines suggested by the Ministry of Health, Government of New Zealand.
Key Preventive Measures in place
As the safety and security of our guests and colleagues are a prime concern at our hotels, we have strengthened precautionary measures to safeguard their health, as well as keeping a tight surveillance of the situation at hand. Below are the main actions that Cordis Auckland is taking thus far:
- Increased frequency of disinfecting in all public areas including, but not limited to, handrails, elevator buttons, countertops and door handles. Sterilization of remote controls, cutlery, cups, and all other surfaces in guestrooms, restaurants, spas and fitness centres.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers placed in lift areas in the lobby and hand sanitizer bottles at host stations at the restaurants and bars, hotel entrance. All heart of house employee areas have also been provided with hand sanitizer dispensers.
- Notices posted at heart of house areas to remind our colleagues to maintain good personal hygiene at all times.
For any further information please contact:
Public Relations Executive Aia Jawad T: +64 9 300 2889 M: +64 21 212 6038 Email: email@example.com
Director of Marketing Services Alex Blanco T: +64 9 300 2817 M: +64 21 852 563 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org